It’s Mental Health America’s Mental Health Month, and they posted some sample twitter messages that could be sent out during May. They suggest that you use the hashtag #mentalhealthmonth. The following are some suggested messages:
- Do More for 1 in 4: It’s Mental Health Month http://bit.ly/PzAka #mentalhealthmonth
- Embrace wellness-May is Mental Health Month. Go to www.LiveYourLifeWell.org. #mentalhealthmonth
- The vast majority of mental health conditions are treatable–people live productive lives. #mentalhealthmonth
- Do More for 1 in 4: It’s Mental Health Month. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Go to http://bit.ly/hmWGSW #mentalhealthmonth
- Who’s your 1 in 4? Support from family, friends, peers essential in recovery. Learn how to help at http://bit.ly/fkiy8J
Well, since we’re talking about twitter, I figured I should do a little shameless plug here and say: follow me on Twitter while you’re at it: @ECTchronicles :)
For those who Facebook, they also posted some sample posts:
- Good mental health is much more than must the absence of illness – it’s about being able to handle life’s challenges and even flourish. Celebrate Mental Health Month with us! Learn more at http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/go/may.
- Embrace wellness this May is Mental Health Month. Find out more at www.LiveYourLifeWell.org.
- Wellness encompasses the notion of balance in one’s life among the mental, physical, and emotional elements of health. Live Well! It’s Essential for Your Potential! Learn more at www.LiveYourLifeWell.org.
- A vast majority of mental health conditions are treatable, we can–no matter how challenging the mental health obstacle we face–always chart a course back to wellness. Live Well! It’s Essential for Your Potential! Learn more at www.LiveYourLifeWell.org.
- Did you know that 60 million Americans are diagnosed with a mental health condition in any given year, that’s 1in4. Learn more at http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/go/may.
- Who’s your 1in4? Did you know that support from family, friends, and peers remains an essential element in the recovery process? Learn how to help at http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/files/Support_1in4.pdf.